Hello! Today, I bring you a delightful experience that will allow you to learn Spanish while venturing into the creation of homemade ham croquettes. In this blog, I will guide you through the ingredients, steps, and the breading process to achieve irresistible croquettes.
There’s no better way to learn a new language than to immerse yourself in its culture and cuisine. Ham croquettes are a classic in Spanish cuisine, and what better way to learn Spanish than through the preparation of this delicious dish.
– 100 grams of Serrano ham
– 50 grams of butter
– 1 small onion
– 100 grams of flour
– 500 ml of milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Nutmeg to taste
– Breadcrumbs for coating
– Oil for frying
Steps to Prepare Ham Croquettes
1. In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Sauté until golden.
2. Add the chopped ham to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the flour and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Gradually add the milk while continuing to stir to avoid lumps. Cook until the mixture thickens.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
6. Pour the mixture onto a tray and let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Coating the Croquettes
1. Form small portions of the cooled mixture into croquette shapes.
2. Coat each croquette with breadcrumbs, ensuring they are fully covered.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the croquettes until they are golden on all sides.
Learning Spanish goes beyond the classroom, and cooking delicious homemade ham croquettes is a flavorful way to do it. From learning kitchen vocabulary to immersing yourself in Spanish culinary culture, this experience offers you a comprehensive lesson.
Hope to see you soon in AIL Madrid!