A Spanish Citizenship Requirement
What is the DELE A2?
DELE stands for Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera, or “Spanish as a Foreign Language Diploma”. It’s the official exam for non-native Spanish speakers that is officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, and is a requirement for all Spanish citizenship applications. Most importantly, the DELE A2 is the second step in your journey towards mastering Spanish!
The DELE A2 Examination:
The DELE A2 examination consists of different tests organized into two groups. Group 1 tests your reading and writing skills and Group 2 tests your listening alongside your oral and interactive skills. The maximum score on the examination is 100 points and in order to receive an overall ‘pass’, a minimum score of 30 is necessary for each of the two groups. Having obtained the DELE A2 qualification, you’ll have the ability to understand a basic range of commonly used Spanish vocabulary and expressions. You’ll be able to confidently discuss ‘basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography and employment’ – a great base from which to begin your Spanish nationality application!
Why do you need the DELE A2?
The DELE A2 is very useful to have under your belt for the following reasons:
- The DELE A2 exam is now a required level exam for Spanish nationality applicants. If you want to acquire Spanish citizenship, you’ll have to pass this exam.
- It is highly regarded by universities and employers.
- It is a prerequisite for many undergraduate and postgraduate university courses.
- If you’re going on a gap year to a Spanish speaking country, it’s a valuable addition that will deeply enhance your experience.
- Passing the DELE exam will help you when trying to find a job or accessing educational institutions.
- The tests are administered in more than 90 countries around the world.
How do you prepare yourself?
The best way to prepare for the DELE A2 is with a DELE specific Spanish course: though DELE courses are demanding and you will have to work hard in order to be fully prepared for the exam, your course will ultimately give you exactly the skills needed to pass your exam. Reviewing past DELE examination papers and practicing specific examination tasks in order to develop all the linguistic skills tested during the exam are common techniques used to prepare. Exam technique is, as always, a vital element to passing with flying colors. Being a required exam for Spanish citizenship, it is not a walk in the park however if you follow all the advice and prepare as well as you can, you’ll succeed.
Why prepare at AIL Madrid?
AIL Madrid is an Instituto Cervantes – an accredited Spanish Language School that offers a wide range of Spanish classes for adults students of all ages. The school is located in the beautiful and exclusive district of Salamanca right in the heart of the city and only minutes from the stunning Retiro Park. You’ll receive a personalized and friendly service from the moment you contact us right throughout your stay.
Here you can find all the dates for this upcoming year: https://examenes.cervantes.es/
The different DELE courses you can take at AIL Madrid:
There are 3 different DELE courses that you can take at AIL Madrid depending on your availability:
- DELE Exam Preparation Course – includes 10 DELE classes per week during the day.
- DELE Exam Preparation Course and General Intensive Course – includes 10 DELE classes, as well as 20 General Intensive Spanish classes per week.
- Extensive DELE Preparation Course – includes 4 DELE evening classes per week, broken into two blocks (Monday/ Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday).
With this range of diverse timetables, you’re sure to find one that fits your schedule.
The teachers and classes at AIL Madrid:
AIL Madrid’s DELE classes are dynamic, interactive and well-structured by our dedicated, native Spanish teachers. They live and breathe the ins and outs of DELE and they’ll share their insider tips so you get the best preparation possible. Involvement in class is optimized by intimate class sizes (maximum 5 students) and, thanks to this, your teacher will be able to connect with you on a personal level to help identify your strengths and weaknesses. Passing the DELE exam becomes more like a group project with friends!
Enjoy the DELE course with AIL Madrid and good luck!